Columbia Passport Photo Requirements
Struggling with Columbia passport picture requirements can put a damper on the excitement of travel.
It is vital to carefully follow the requirements for Columbian passport photos below when applying for a passport.
Columbia Passport Photo Requirements:
- Three photographs upon application
- All three photos should be identical
- Each should measure 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- In color
- The person should be facing the camera in each photo
- Passport photos should have a white background
- It is recommended that the person have simple hairstyles for photos
- No earrings are allowed in photos
- Must be taken within the last 6 months
Visiting the U.S.
Passports are required of all citizens of Columbia that plan on visiting the United States.
The passport should have a valid date for six months past projected departure date from the U.S.
In order to travel to the United States, all citizens of Columbia need to apply for a U.S. Visa.
Similar to the passport photo requirements above, Columbian citizens wishing to apply for a U.S. Visa will need to adhere to specific Visa photo requirements.
Photo Requirements for Columbian Citizens Applying for a U.S. Visa:
- The photo should be in color, though black and white photos are acceptable
- Only recent photos that have been taken within 6 months
- Visa Photo must have white background
- Photo size must be 5 x 5 cm
- The person must be looking directly at the camera in the photo
- If the person is looking to the right, left, up, or down, then the photo will be unacceptable
- About 50% of the area of the photo should be covered by the face
- Both ears should be completely visible, therefore, hair should be pulled back to show ears
- There should be no piercings of any kind, including earrings
- Glasses of any kind are unacceptable
- Head wear such as hats or caps are prohibited
More information at the U.S. Embassy in Bogota.
There are two types of visas for Columbian citizens to choose from when visiting the Unites States:
- Nonimmigrant Visa (B-2)
- Immigrant Visa
A citizen of Columbia intending to enter the U.S. for temporary reasons, such as for tourism, should apply for a nonimmigrant visa.
Immigrant visas is required if a citizen of Columbia intended to move to the United States permanently.
For more information visit the U.S. Embassy’s Visa Explinations .
Generally, it is a simpler process to apply for a nonimmigrant visa as a Columbia citizen, rather than an immigrant visa.
In order to apply for a visa, a citizen of Columbia will need to set up an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Columbia.
For up to date information on appointment wait times, you can visit the U.S. State Department website and search for “Columbia”.