Nicaragua Passport Photo Requirements
When searching for Nicaragua passport photo requirements, the specifics can be overwhelming.
Yet, each Nicaragua passport picture requirement must to be followed carefully when going through the passport application process.
Nicaragua Passport Photo Requirements:
- Pictures must be recent, taken within the last 6 months
- Four (4) photos should be included in the application
- Photos should be 4 x 5 cm in size
- Only color photographs will be accepted
- A white background should be displayed behind the person
- The person should be directly facing the camera
- Any photos with the person looking sideways or down will not be accepted
- Hair should be pulled back in order to expose both ears
- Piercings and earrings are not permitted
- No jewelry should be present in photos
- Glasses of any kind should not be worn in photos
- There should be no head wear, head should be visible for the photos
For more information Download a .pdf of Passport Picture Requirements of Nicaragua.
Visiting the U.S.
Any resident of Nicaragua who is traveling to the United States must have a valid passport with a valid date for six months past the projected departure date from the United States.
If a resident of Nicaragua desires to travel to the United States, they will be required to apply for a U.S. Visa.
To apply for any U.S. Visa, certain Visa photo criteria for the application must be met.
U.S. Visa Photo Requirements for Citizens of Nicaragua:
- Photo size should be 2 x 2 inches
- The photo should be in color
- Taken within the last 6 months
- Have a white background
- The person must be front facing the camera
- No Hats
- No Glasses
Citizens of Nicaragua are required to make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in order to complete the application for a visa.
Prior to this appointment, a digital photo following the requirements above should be uploaded online.
However, applicants are asked to also bring a hard copy photo to their appointment.
For up to date information on visa appointments and wait times, you can visit the U.S. Embassy of Nicaragua and type in “Nicaragua”.
There are two types of visas that citizens of Nicaragua can apply for prior to traveling to the Unites States:
- Nonimmigrant Visa (B-2)
- Immigrant Visa
A nonimmigrant visa would be appropriate for any citizen of Nicaragua planning to travel to the U.S. for tourism or business. This type of visa is meant to be only temporary.
Nicaraguan citizens planning to move to the United States permanently should apply for an immigrant visa.
For more information about visiting the United States as a citizen of Nicaragua visit the U.S. Nicaraguan Embassy website.