Panama Passport Photo Requirements
There are many specific requirements for Panama passport photos.
When it comes to the application process, do not get bogged down by the details of their
requirements. It is as simple as following the points outlined below.
Panama Passport Photo Requirements:
- Two photos required for application
- 2 x 2 inches, square
- White background
- Applicant should be facing the camera from a front angle
- The camera should be focused on the face of the individual in the photo
- No Glasses
- In order for ears to be visible in each photo, hair should be pulled back
- Smiling in photos is acceptable as long as teeth are not showing
Panama Passport Photo Requirements for Men:
- No earrings or piercings of any kind should be visible
- Hairstyles should not be extravagant for men
- If hair is long, it should be pulled back for the photo
- A head covering is only allowed in photos for religious purposes, such as a turban
Panama Passport Photo Requirements for Women:
- There should be no pins or ribbons in hair for the photos
- No earrings or piercings of any kind
- A head covering is only allowed for religious purposes
- If a head covering is word for religious purposes, all of the face must be showing in the photo
- In photos, blouses should not be low cut as to reveal cleavage
- Shoulders should be covered
More information can be found at the Authority of Passports of Panama.
Panama Passport Renewal
Photo requirements for Panama passport renewal are similar to those listed above except that FOUR additional photos should be included in the application.
Visiting the U.S.
A citizen of Panama who plans to visit the U.S. will need a valid passport with the photo requirements listed above and must be valid for at least six months past the planned exiting date.
In order to travel to the United States, a Panama citizen will also need to apply for and obtain a U.S. Visa.
There are two types of visas for a Panama citizen to choose from when entering the Unites States:
- Nonimmigrant visa (B-2 Tourist Visa)
- Immigrant visa
A nonimmigrant visa (B-2) would be the right choice for a Panamanian citizen intending to enter the U.S. for temporary reasons, such as for tourism, education, or business.
An immigrant visa would be needed for Panamanian citizens planning to move to the United States to live on a permanent basis.
For more information about visiting the U.S. as a citizen of Panama, visit the U.S. Embassy of Panama.
Generally, it is a quicker process for a Panama citizen to apply for a nonimmigrant visa (B-2) rather than an immigrant visa. It is required that a potential applicant set up an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Panama in order to apply for a visa.
For up to date information on visa appointment wait times visit the U.S. State Department and type in “Panama”.