Peru Passport Photo Requirements
Peru passport photo requirements can be overwhelming, yet they are important not to overlook.
According to the website of Citizen Services, one of the most requested services by Peruvians is applying for a passport.
One must follow the Peru passport photo requirements in order to not over complicate the application process.
Peru Passport Photo Requirements:
- Passport Pictures should be 2 x 2 inches
- Three photographs for your interview
- Photos should have a white background behind the person
- The person must have their face toward the camera
- In color
- Only recent photos will be accepted
- Nothing should obstruct the person’s facial features in the photo, including glare
- No glasses are allowed in photos
- Hats and other head wear are prohibited
Peru Passport Renewal:
Peruvian citizens renewing their passport must obtain new passport photos adhering to all the requirements above.
The exception however, that only two recent photographs are required in the renewal process.
Visiting the U.S.
All Peruvian citizens who plan to visit the United States will need a valid passport.
The passport should have a valid date that extends at least six months past the foreseen departure date from the United States.
In order to travel to the United States, a citizen of Peru will need to apply for and obtain a U.S. Visa.
There are specific photo requirements for Peruvian citizens to apply for a U.S. visa.
According the Peru U.S. Embassy, the photo is one of the most important parts of the visa application
process, so follow the requirements carefully.
U.S. Visa Photo Requirements for the Citizens of Peru:
- Photographs should be in color, in front of a plain, white or off white background
- All photos must be taken within the last six months and should reflect a current appearance
- The person should not smile, but instead, should have a neutral facial expression
- Both eyes must be open
- The photo should be taken in normal, every day clothing
- Head covering and hats are prohibited, except those worn for religious reasons
- Glasses without tinted lenses are permitted
- Any photos with glare from glasses will not be accepted
For more information about U.S. visa photo requirements for citizens of Peru, visit U.S. Embassy-Lima.
Citizens of Peru can choose from two types of visa to apply for when planning to travel to the Unites States:
- Nonimmigrant Visa (B-2)
- Immigrant Visa
A nonimmigrant visa is meant for a citizen of Peru who is intending to enter the U.S. for temporary reasons, such as tourism or business.
An immigrant visa is meant for citizens of Peru who are intending to move to the United States to live permanently.
For more information about visiting the United States as a citizen of Peru visit the U.S. Embassy of Lima, Peru.